West Texas Legislative Summit Committee Resources
This page is regularly updated, so please bookmark this page and check back frequently.
- Committee members receive two complimentary tickets (one for themselves and one for a guest) to the Dinner and Reception on August 3 and the Summit on August 4.
- Committee attendee information will be submitted via the Complimentary Ticket Form linked below.
- This form must be submitted by Wednesday, June 30.
- Once your form is submitted, the Chamber will add you (and guest) to the event.
- Once you have been added to the event, an automated confirmation email will be sent to you directly once completed.
- Your confirmation email is very important as it will allow you to update, replace, or edit attendee information any time prior to the reservation deadline of July 19.
- We cannot add you to the event until the form below is submitted.
The Chamber has streamlined our panelist communication process and implemented a new way for committee members to submit and track panelist information via a google form.
- The google form is for confirmed panelists only. Do not enter information into the google sheet until your office has contacted, invited, and confirmed participation with the panelist.
- Once your office has invited and confirmed their participation, then you will enter the committed panelist info on the google doc.
- This entry prompts the Chamber’s invite to the panelist which collects their information i.e., bio, headshot, website URL etc.
- Each committee member is responsible for entering the information of their invited panelist.
- Information entered in the google doc will appear EXACTLY as submitted in correspondence and event agenda.
Panelist Submissions & Google Sheets Instructions can be found HERE.
The Panelist Tracker (Google Sheet) can be found HERE.
Panelist Communication Plan
We have a process in place for panelist communications. All information will be tracked in the panelist google tracker. So everyone is aware of the process, all correspondence is outlined below in the order they are sent.
- Chamber Invitation 2022 -The first formal invite should come directly from the co-host. Once your office has invited the panelist, confirmed their participation, and entered the committed panelist info on the google doc, the Chamber will send their invite.
- The Chamber invite is a generic template that is used for all panelists and serves a few purposes:
- Acts as a starting point for chamber correspondence with the panelist, as it opens a line of communication between their office and ours.
- Invites panelists on behalf of the chamber to be a part of the program.
- Introduces the panelist to Walt and Tricia.
- Solidifies their participation by requiring them to complete and submit a linked form that collects preliminary information for marketing materials i.e., bio, headshot, website URL etc.
- The committee member overseeing that particular panel will be blind copied and the date will be entered in the tracker once sent.
- Panelist Portal - Once the panelist accepts the Chamber’s invitation, information to access the Panelist Portal will be shared. From submitting complimentary items to delivering timely updates, the panel portal will provide a streamlined experience for all involved.
- Portal Information Includes:
- Tasks and deadlines
- Submission form for complimentary tickets and hotel booking information
- Access to Summit agenda & schedule of events
- Portal Information Includes:
- Moderator Letter (2021) - Last year this letter was prepared by the Chamber, then sent to the lead co-host for letterhead and signature and sent back to the Chamber for distribution. Please alert Tricia on the plans for this year's moderator letter. Logistically the Moderator Letter needs to go out first before the Panelist Guidelines can be sent.
- Panelist Guidelines (2021) - We would like to send this out no later than July 1.
Schedule of Events
Dinner & Reception
Date: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
Location: The Cactus Hotel
Address: 36 E. Twohig Ave, San Angelo, TX 76903
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Dress Attire: Smart Casual (combines well-fitting, polished business wear with elements of casual attire)
Date: Thursday , August 4, 2022
Location: Angelo State University's CJ Davidson Conference Center, located inside of the Houston Harte University Center
Address: 1910 Rosemond Drive, San Angelo, TX 76901
Breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Dress Attire: Business
For reference, we have included a link to view last year's script. Once we have started drafting a script for this year, we will link it on this page.
Early Bird Registration: open now through July 1 @ 12:00 pm
- Summit Package: $225
- Reception Only: $100
- Summit Only: $150
Late Registration: open July 1 @ 12:01 pm through July 19 @ 12:00 pm
- Summit Package: $250
- Reception Only: $130
- Summit Only: $180
Registration closes July 19, 2022.
To view lodging options, please click HERE.