Business Celebration FAQ's
What to Expect on Event Day
Thank you for your membership with the San Angelo Chamber of Commerce and for scheduling your business celebration. We are excited to celebrate your business with you! Here is some information you might find helpful leading up to your event:
- Chamber staff members and a few Concho Cadre members will arrive at your business 10 minutes before your scheduled ribbon cutting time.
- At ribbon cutting time, a Chamber staff member will open the event and introduce you to the group. You will then be asked to introduce your staff (if applicable) and tell something about your business. You may also choose to provide a brief tour of your facility, if appropriate.
- A Chamber staff member will bring ribbon, scissors, and a camera to record and photograph the event.
- Attendees of the ribbon cutting will have the opportunity to sign the ribbon for you to keep, as well as network with you and your team to learn about your business.
We look forward to promoting your business through this time-honored tradition! Please contact the Chamber at (325) 655-4136 if you have any questions.
If you need to reschedule your ribbon cutting due to unforeseen circumstances, please give us as much notice as possible. Your event will be rescheduled at a mutually agreeable time.
Tips on How to Prepare
Spread the Word
Once you have secured your spot on the Chamber’s calendar, we will send you a ribbon cutting graphic that you may use to promote the even on social media. For example, you can create a Facebook event for your ribbon cutting and add the Chamber as your cohost. Have all of your employees or anyone you know to like, share, and select “going” on the event.
You can also add your event to Community Calendars such as Concho Valley Homepage, San Angelo Live, and Go San Angelo.
Feel free to reach out to media sources to invite them to your ribbon cutting event (listed below).
|Fox West Texas (KIDY)||firstname.lastname@example.org||(325) 655-6006|
|Standard Timesemail@example.com||(325) 653-1221|
|Foster Communicationsfirstname.lastname@example.org||(325) 949-2112|
|Townsquare Media||James.email@example.com||(325) 655-7161|
|Conexion Hispanafirstname.lastname@example.org||(325) 655-6371|
|San Angelo Liveemail@example.com||(325) 340-1238|
Make it a Party
Consider providing some kind of refreshments and/or having decorations on display for your ribbon cutting.
Some options include the following:
- Chick Fil A has offered a FREE package for ribbon cuttings that includes 1 small nugget tray with 1 8oz bottled sauce, 1 gallon of sweet tea, unsweet tea, or lemonade, 1 small cookie or brownie tray, and plates/cups for up to 20 people.
- Email your order to the Sunset Mall location at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you use Chick fil A please display THIS Chick fil A flyer near the food at your ribbon cutting.
- Previous ribbon cuttings have had balloon displays, party decorations, or live music to add excitement to their event.
- Matt Drake with 101.1 The Bull and 103.5 The Ram FM has offered free radio advertising for business celebration events. Please contact him at (325) 227-3235.
- The Mix 105.7 offers free advertising for business celebration events; contact Michelle at (325) 500-0576. The Mix 105.7 requires 2 weeks notice to secure your advertising spot.
Be Prepared to Talk
Think about what you want to say. As part of your Ribbon Cutting, you will be able to speak to all the attendees and share your business’s story and recognize any special guests that may be there. This is your time to shine! Examples of common questions are below:
- How long have you been in business?
- What motivated you to start this business?
- What are your business hours, do you have any specials? Etc.
Please contact the Chamber at (325) 655-4136 if you have any additional questions.